Saturday, February 7, 2009

Lost opportunities

Consider this, how many times have you missed a good photo opportunity because you either were not prepared or you did not have a camera with you? Allow me to describe one non-event that I still think about, even though it happened many years ago.

I was traveling through Worcester county, it was one of those cloudy, damp days when it threatened to rain at any moment. As I was entering rotary (roundabout) traffic, I saw a ballon vendor who had setup a roadside stand. I don't remember the occasion but apparently there was to be a parade that day.

What was so poignant was the scene of this lonely vendor hunkered down trying to stay dry and warm on a rather dismal day. Yet there were the brightly colored balloons that stood out against the backdrop of various shades of grey. It was one of those occasions when a picture would have been worth a thousand words. My description does not do justice to the scene that became a lost opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment